Dec 23, 2010

Back on the Farm

 Good morning everyone, I hope this finds you well... As for me, ...well, I'm not sick, but... Let me say this: Whoever invented singing your heart out in the freezing cold at night aught to be severely punished! My sisters and I all woke up this morning with sore throats.... Now don't get me wrong, it was loads of fun - lots of laughs, getting to see friends, Christmas lights, and then snacks when we got back to church. I loved every minute of it! I had a chance to talk to both of our pastors last night, as well as lots of other church friends. It was a great time. It's funny, but I sound sort of like Elmer Fudd this morning because of my scratchy throat. :) 


 Well, it's good to be home, and today I get to go down to the farm where my bull Columbus is, and also to work with my new cow Penny. I also get to visit grandparents for the day. My only concern: it's not even 40 degrees out side right now, and my coveralls seem to be missing. :( I suppose I'll manage somehow. 


I just remembered that I wanted to tell some about my trip home. It seems that not many people want to leave Japan for Christmas, so there was plenty of room on the long flight. I had a window seat, and the guy sitting beside me moved somewhere else, so we'd both have more room. I was able to sit with my back against the window side, pull my legs up on the seat beside me, and sleep for about 2 hours right before we got to Dallas.  There really weren't any good movies to watch besides Despicable Me, so I used my iPod most of the time for listening to music. When I got to Dallas I never found a piece of my luggage, so I had to go on without it. It's a good thing I didn't wait for it anymore. After going through customs again I took the SkyLink to my terminal, walked to my gait, and walked directly onto my plane! Then when we landed in Jackson we didn't come up to a walkway. Instead, we landed in the middle of an open space, and they had stairs up to the door. I felt like I should have stepped down and waved like the president. I probably would have if there hadn't been a whole line of people behind me. :) Well, my piece of luggage didn't show up on the Jackosn carousel either, so I made a claim on it. They had it delivered to our house, so now everything is 'hunky-dory'. 


Lessons from a future housewife:


 #7 When processing laundry, washing cotton is fine. If you intend to wear the garment again, I would suggest not drying it in the dryer.  Drying cotton shrinks it. 


This lesson has been learned over and over...and over... :) Just don't do it!!!




All my love,
Hannah




P.S. I just decided to add a random picture of me being a wax statue in a phone booth. :) I kind of like it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment