Mar 29, 2011

Soap

I know that I started this blog while I was in Japan, and I'm sure it was much more interesting as I wrote about things I did while I was there... BUT... I feel like I just have to tell about one of my latest activities. Two Saturdays ago I went with Daddy to help at a church work day. While there, we were told we could have a piece of counter-top that had been torn out. We brought it home and after Daddy cut it 14x15" he attached sides to it and I had a soap mold!! Our family started selling homemade goat milk soap while I was in Japan. Being very interested in it, I started watching videos on YouTube about soap making. I fell in love with a swirled soap I watched being made. To be able to make swirled soap I had to have a new mold (which I now have). Today Momma helped me make my very first batch of soap!! It is Bergamot Grapefruit. I used a peachy-orange color for my swirl. It is in the freezer cooling now. I am so excited!!! I'll have to take pictures of it to post as soon as I can cut it. To see the rest of our soaps check out brightarrows.blogspot.com.


All my love,
Hannah

1 comment: