Dec 6, 2010

Back from Karuizawa

Hi all, I just wanted to say that we arrived safely from Karuizawa this afternoon. Most of us are pretty tired, but glad to be back in relatively warm weather... The temperature where we were over the weekend is typically about 30 degrees colder than in Tokyo... For instance, on Sunday night as we were returning to our host home, we passed a temperature sign that said 1 degree Celsius. That's only 33 degrees F., but I've never gotten used to the Celsius system, and 1 degree looked so funny to me... 
Sadly it didn't snow once the entire weekend. No Yeti, either... We only had hard freezes and frosts every night. :( But it was still beautiful. I actually took some really pretty pictures out the upstairs bathroom window, since that was the only window you could see the huge mountain from. :) I took some of the boys too! 


 Some of the things I hope to write about later, are: 



  • Eat at a restaurant for doggies - twice!
  • Play baseball in a tennis court
  • Comment on the shinkansen ride
  • Taxi rides
  • Two adorable daschunds
  • Shopping experiences
Well, I'll go for now, and leave you dangling wondering what I'm going to say about each of those things... :) 
Like I said (or did I?) I'm pretty tired, and my shoulders are worn out from carrying my 20 lb back-pack! I still amaze myself when I can pack that much weight into such a small little space! C'est la vie!

All my love,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment